Gallwch ddefnyddio'r blog i:
- Ofyn cwestiynau i Athro'r Ardd.
- Rhannu straeon neu ffotograffau diddordol ag ysgolion eraill.
- Pan fyddwch chi'n anfon neges, bydd Athro'r Ardd yn ei darllen ac yn ei chyhoeddi ar y we.
Er mwyn bod yn we-ddiogel:
- Ni fyddwn ni'n cyhoeddi enwau unrhyw blant.
- Wrth adael eich neges, rhowch enw'ch ysgol a byddwn ni'n cyhoeddi eich sylw fel 'disgyblion + enw'r ysgol'.
- Cofiwch ofyn am ganiatâd eich athro cyn anfon neges neu lun.
Mae SCAN yn broject Amgueddfa Cymru sy'n cynorthwyo ysgolion i hyrwyddo Addysg ar gyfer Datblygiad Cynaliadwy.
Super Scientist Awards 2012
Thirty eight schools across the UK are to be awarded Super Scientist Certificates on behalf of Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales in recognition for their contribution to the Spring Bulbs - Climate Change Investigation.
Congratulations to all 1,625 pupils who have keep records and made observations to study climate change - each will receive a certificate and other prizes to celebrate their outstanding efforts. Certificates and prizes will be sent to schools by the 14th of May 2012. Many thanks to the Edina Trust for funding this project.
Winners 2012: Each will receive a class trip of fun-packed nature activities!
- Westwood CP School in Wales
- Earlston Primary School in Scotland
- Fulwood and Cadley School in England
Runner's up: Each to receive vouchers to purchase gardening equipment, certificates & seedlings.
- Christchurch CP School
- Saint Roberts Roman Catholic Primary School
- Sherwood Primary School
- St. Joseph's R C Primary (Penarth)
- Stanford in the Vale CE Primary School
- Woodplumpton St Annes C of E Primary
- Ysgol Nant Y Coed
Highly commended schools: Each to receive certificates, sunflower seeds, salad seeds & flowers to attract butterflies.
- Channelkirk Primary
- Coleg Powys
- Ysgol Y Ffridd
- Ysgol Capelulo
- Lakeside Primary
- Maesglas Primary School
- Ysgol Clocaenog
- Ysgol Bro Ciwmeirch
- Ysgol Porth Y Felin
- Glyncollen Primary School
- Ysgol Pant Y Rhedyn
- Howell's School Llandaff
- Williamstown Primary school
- Ysgol Tal Y Bont
- Morfa Rhianedd
- Ysgol Deganwy
Schools with special recognition: Each to receive, certificates, flowers to attract butterflies and salad seeds.
- Gordon Primary School
- Laugharne VCP School
- Milford Haven Junior school
- Ysgol Iau Hen Golwyn
- Oakfield Primary school
- Windsor Clive Primary
Schools to be awarded certificates: Each to receive Super Scientist Certificates.
- Radnor Primary
- Brynhyfryd Junior School
- Bishop Childs CIW Primary School
- Eyton Church in Wales Primary School
- Ysgol Cynfran
- Ysgol Bodfari
Facebook Professor Plant
Sun, snow & hosepipe bans
What a crazy few weeks of weather we have had! In one week the weather reporters have featured record breaking temperatures, hosepipe bans and now snow in many places!
The high pressure gave us plenty of sunshine and record breaking temperatures but now temperatures have returned more to what we would normally expect for the time of year.
Meanwhile, the temperature of our planet is still rising. 2010 was the hottest year across the globe. For the UK this seems to mean that wierd weather is becoming more and more normal. We have certainly seen some strange weather since starting our investigation.
BBC Horizon broadcast a program called ‘Global Weirding’, it explored the science behind why the world’s weather seems to be getting more extreme.
It will be interesteing to see what our results show this year.
I've recieved all the data now so after Easter I will be looking at the trends and discussing them with schools.
Many thanks to all the bulb buddies that have worked so hard keeping records since last November.
Enjoy the Easter Break!
Facebook Professor Plant
- Pob cofnod